10 Interesting Stats About the Postseason-Bound Boston Bruins
The Boston Bruins clinched a playoff berth Monday night with a shutout 3-0 road-win over the New Jersey Devils. The Bruin will head to the postseason for the fifth consecutive seasons and the 12th time in the last 14 seasons.
Here is a list of 10 interesting NHL Stats about the Boston Bruins served up from the leagues Office of Public Relations:
- This marks the 74th season in which Boston has qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the second-highest totalin NHL history behind the Montreal Canadiens, which currently has 84.
- The Bruins havequalified for an NHL-record 29 consecutive seasons from 1967-68 to 1995-96, clinched nine straight berths from 1934-35 to 1942-43 and more recently seven consecutive campaigns from 2007-08 to 2013-14, with the latter including a Stanley Cup win in 2011.
- The Bruins (2011, 2013 and 2019) are the only team to appear in the Stanley Cup Final three times over the last 10 seasons. The appearances were in 2011, 2013 and 2019.
- Tuukka Rask (51-42) needs two wins during the Stanley Cup Playoffs to tie Gerry Cheevers (53-34) for the most in franchise history.
Get our free mobile app
- Brad Marchand sits five points shy of becoming the seventh playerto record 100 points in the Stanley Cup Playoffs with the Bruins franchise – teammates David Krejci and Patrice Bergeron have already reached the milestone.
- Patrice Bergeron is three goals shy of tying Rick Middleton (45) for third all-time in Bruins postseason history and four away from Phil Esposito (46) for second.
- David Pastrnak has recorded 20-33—53 in 52 career postseason games – his 1.02 points per game average in the playoffs is the eighth-highest total in Bruin's franchise history.
- Taylor Hall was acquired by the Bruins just prior to the 2021 NHL Trade Deadline as the 11-season veteran is in search of his first Stanley Cup.
- Bruce Cassidy has a 27-28 record in the playoffs as head coach of the Bruins. Only two head coaches in Boston history have recorded 30 postseason victories prior to their 60th playoff game behind the Bruins bench.
- The Bruins have competed in a Game 7 on 28 occasions (15-13) – the most Game 7 wins and appearances in Stanley Cup Playoffs history. Boston has more Game 7 wins than 20 active franchises have appearances in a seventh-and-deciding game.
LOOK: 50 images of winning moments from sports history
Sometimes images are the best way to honor the figures we've lost. When tragedy swiftly reminds us that sports are far from the most consequential thing in life, we can still look back on an athlete's winning moment that felt larger than life, remaining grateful for their sacrifice on the court and bringing joy to millions.
Read on to explore the full collection of 50 images Stacker compiled showcasing various iconic winning moments in sports history. Covering achievements from a multitude of sports, these images represent stunning personal achievements, team championships, and athletic perseverance.
CHECK IT OUT: 100 sports records and the stories behind them