Downtown Pittsfield Summer Cleanup Is Friday
Who knew that cleaning up could be so much fun! Apparently, it can be, as Downtown Pittsfield, Inc. has announced that it is hosting its 24th Annual Spring Downtown Cleanup on Friday, May 21st from 1 to 4 pm.
According to a media release, Downtown Cleanups are good-natured competitions between local companies supporting an important part of DPI’s Quality of Life Committee’s mission to keep downtown clean, safe, and friendly.
The downtown cleanup area includes North and South Streets between East/West Housatonic and Berkshire Medical Center and all side streets.
This year’s teams are made up of individuals from Several Pittsfield businesses including:
Barrington Stage Company, Berkshire Bank, Berkshire County Arc, Berkshire Medical Center, Berkshire Theatre Group, Berkshire United Way, BVS of ServiceNet, Carr Hardware, Crane Currency, Cross Insurance, Dulye Leadership Experience, Guardian Life Insurance Company, Housatonic Valley Association, Lee Bank, Pittsfield High School, Pittsfield Police Department, and RE-FORMation Academy.
The Spring Downtown Cleanup will be done safely of course, and participating teams will receive COVID-19 guidance to ensure a safe cleanup experience.
Hopefully the weather will be nice Friday, but if for some reason it’s not, the rain date for the cleanup is May 28th.
Here are this year's participating teams and where they will be located:
- Barrington Stage Company - North St. between Union and Bradford and Union St. both sides
- Berkshire Bank - North St. from Park Square to Columbus – West Side of street
- Berkshire County Arc - Wendell Ave. Extension, both sides
- Berkshire Medical Center - Vicinity of Berkshire Medical Center
- Berkshire Theatre Group - South St. by Colonial
- Berkshire United Way - 200 South St. area and Berkshire Common
- Carr Hardware - North St. between Linden and Madison, both sides if possible
- Crane Currency - North St. from Columbus to Maplewood
- Cross Insurance - South St. from Park Square to Colonial, both sides if possible
- Dulye Leadership Experience - North Street from Park Square to Columbus – East Side of street and Fenn St. if possible
- Guardian - Park Square
- Housatonic Valley Association - Rain gardens on North St.
- Lee Bank - Central Block, West St. to McKay St.
- Pittsfield High School - East St. to the Library, both sides of East if possible
- Pittsfield Police Department - Dunham Mall, School St., Allen St. and around City Hall, Federal St if possible
- RE-FORMation Academy - North St. between Bradford and Linden
- Service Net - North St. between Madison and hospital, both sides if possible