P.P. Schools Announce Remote Foodservice Plans
The Pittsfield Public Schools have informed us that all students returning to remote learning will still be offered breakfast and lunch.
Here's the Press Release from the Pittsfield Public Schools Administration Center:
The school cafeteria is an important component of successfully educating children. In addition to providing healthy and nutritious meals, school foodservice departments also reinforce health and nutrition information taught in the classroom.
In continuing with the mission to ensure that all children in Pittsfield have access to eating healthy, nutritious, and appetizing meals on a daily basis, the Pittsfield Public Schools will be transitioning to a daily meal pick-up option as the school district embarks on a pause in in-person education.
Beginning on Monday, November 16th all Pittsfield Public Schools students returning to remote learning will be offered breakfast and lunch to take home via a “grab and go” bag.
As we transition to all remote learning, the Pittsfield Public Schools is committed to helping students access meals during this necessary pause in hybrid learning.
• All children ages 18 & under can participate in the Pittsfield Public Schools free meal program
• Breakfast and lunch will be packaged together
• Hot ready to eat meals will be available
• Parents can continue to pick-up meals for their children
• New meal times will not conflict with remote learning lunch schedules
• Additional meal sites made available for easier access
• Meal pick-ups do not have to take place at the school a child attends
• Children and families can pick up from any meal site
Beginning Monday November 16 thru Friday December 4th
Grab & Go Breakfast and Lunch Served Monday Thru Friday Locations & Times:
• Berkshire Peak Apartments (West Street) 11:00 -11:30
• Brattlebrook Apartments (April Lane) 11:00 -11:30
• Christopher Arms Apartments (John Street) 11:00 - 11:30
• Dower Square Housing Village (Wahconah Street) 11:00 -11:30
• Wilson Park Housing (Mohawk & Memorial Drive) 11:00 -11:30
• Allendale Elementary School (Connecticut Ave) 11:00-11:45
• Capeless Elementary School (Brooks Ave) 11:00-11:45
• Conte Community School (West Union Street) 11:00-11:45
• Egremont Elementary (Egremont Ave) 11:00-11:45
• Herberg Middle School (Pomeroy Ave) 11:00-11:45
• Morningside Community School (Burbank Street) 11:00-11:45
• Pittsfield High School (East Street, Longfellow ) 11:00 - 11:45
• Reid Middle School (North Street) 11:00-11:45
• Stearns Elementary School (Lebanon Ave) 11:00-11:45
• Williams Elementary School (Bushey Rd) 11:00-11:45
Students and families are encouraged to frequently visit the Remote and Hybrid Learning Link, on the www.pittsfield.net website for the most up-to-date information on each aspect of upcoming educational plans.
Important information, timelines, and answers to frequently asked questions can be found at: https://sites.google.com/pittsfield.net/athomelearning
For additional questions regarding foodservice offerings during the transition to in-person learning, please email firstname.lastname@example.org