The Pittsfield Fire Department responded to 126 Benedict Road Thursday afternoon for a reported kitchen fire. Upon arrival firefighters found smoke showing from the rear of the single-family home.

The fire was called in just after 12 pm Thursday and the homeowner had it mostly extinguished before firefighters arrived on the scene.

According to Deputy Chief Daniel Garner, E-5 crew arrived and ensured the fire was totally extinguished and then conducted and overhaul of the damaged area. Tower-1 ventilated the structure while E-3 retrieved a dog from the smoke-filled home.

The kitchen sustained fire and smoke damage, with the rest of the first floor receiving minor smoke damage. Kitchen appliances (stove, microwave, utensils) and cabinets sustained damages estimated at $2000.

The occupants were evaluated for smoke inhalation by Action EMS and were not transported to the hospital. There were no injuries associated with the incident. The cause was accidental.

WBEC AM logo
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

More From WBEC AM